As a visitor, you can use the Community of Practice to gather news on different aspects of sovereign climate risk transfer which is regularly compiled and edited on this page. As a registred user, you can also see potential comments of other peer group members and upload your own relevant material.
To become part of the Community of Practice and share your valuable knowledge, see comments of other experts and be part of a growing community create an account and begin sharing your work and experiences. Start your journey by clicking here.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
If this is the first time you are visiting us, please take a few seconds to subscribe to our newsletter. With this completely free subscription, you will stay up-to-date with the latest news, documents and events in the field of climate risk financing and insurance.
- Second Edition of “Index-Based Livestock Insurance Seminar” in Nairobi, Kenya
- Enabling Climate Risk Investments in Developing Countries
- Brazilian insurance industry supports climate risk transparency
- Presentation of the KLIP Impact Study at the Annual Micro Insurance Network Meeting in Luxembourg
- Enhancing drought resilience in Kenya through Index-Based Livestock Insurance
26 to 30 August 2018 Davos, Switzerland
10 to 14 September 2018 Turin, Italy
25 September 2018 Nairobi, Kenya
05 to 07 November 2018 Madrid, Spain
06 to 08 November 2018 Lusaka, Zambia
- Coastal City Adaptation Project’s use of risk finance in Mozambique
- Kenya Livestock Insurance Programme - Successes and Lessons Learned by STA
- Fewer disasters, less loss in first half of 2018 by Munich Re
- Digital Tools to Expand Access to Agricultural Insurance by USAID
- Economics of Climate Adaptation (ECA) - Assessment Tool by KfW Development Bank
Building technical capacity and raising awareness on climate risk financing in form of technical trainings in Africa and Asia
Facilitating national dialogues on sustainable insurance solutions responding to climate risks within selected African and Asian countries
Developing and testing products for effective and affordable climate risk insurance solutions in selected African and Asian countries
Promoting the exchange and dissemination of knowledge on climate risk transfer solutions at international conferences, via online media and publications